My Optus reception totally sucked at Supanova so instead of tweeting here are my thoughts from the floor:
- Be kind to others: when you are likely to be in a crowd all day, deodorant is your friend.
- Prop-based cosplay is problematic because you have to carry something around all day with you
- If you spend ages on your costume you should consider getting a cool bag that matches (I said this last year). Backpacks ruin any outfit unless you are playing Finn from Adventure Time.
- There were heaps of Finns this year. Last year I only saw one.
- Alan Tudyk drew a huge crowd. David Hasselhoff did not.
- In a roomful of cosplayers, the authority of a police officer in uniform is somewhat diminished. He just looks like a not very flamboyant Australian Village Person.
In other news, we sold out of the 20 copies of Kinds of Blue that Karen brought, and took postal orders for a few more copies. It’s exciting to see that people are still keen to read our little book.